Scope of the Work
Hospital Family Resource Centre with the support of TUSLA wishes to commission an appropriately qualified independent consultant, to evaluate the effectiveness of HFRC Parent Support Programme.
Hospital Family Resource Centre operates a Parent Support Programme in rural East Limerick since 2004 targeting parents/ guardians of children aged 0 – 5. Our facilitator led model offers families support outside of the traditional parent led baby and toddler groups and is an integral component of our prevention and early intervention model. We now seek a researcher to undertake an external evaluation of our work and situate our methods within a theoretical framework. Hospital FRC now wishes to contract a researcher to undertake an analytical review of this model of provision for parents and children (0-5).
It is envisaged that the work will be carried out through a review of the literature, process of stakeholder consultations, surveying of programme participants and objective analysis of the existing data.
- To chart the Parent Support Programme within Hospital FRC in the context of a literature review of similar and alternative models and the current national policy context
- To situate the working methods and ethos of the Parent Support Programme within a theoretical framework
- To determine the extent to which the current model is meeting local needs through a SWOT analysis
- To deliver robust and workable recommendations in report format, with relevant overview and synopsis for inclusion in HFRC’s next Strategic Plan, funding applications etc.
- Analysis of working model to inform other early intervention and prevention strategies in the area of Family Support and identify further research if required
Expected Deliverables and Timescale
A final report evaluating the programme and making clear recommendations should be produced by 1st August 2018. The anticipated timeframe is as follows:
- April: Commencement of contract, literature review and introduction to stakeholders
- May – mid-June: Field work
- End of June: Submission of draft report
- End of July: presentation to stakeholders
- August 1st: submission of final report
The maximum budget for the project is €4,500. This includes the evaluation, presentation of findings and clear set of recommendations.
- The output of this process will be a completed research report
- Engagement with all relevant stakeholders, through the application of a creative and appropriate methodology, is essential.
- It is anticipated that the consultation process will begin in mid April and will be complete by 1st August 2018.
- HFRC is seeking a suitably qualified person(s) with previous relevant experience in community consultation and engagement. Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels is required and experience of work with this particular demographic is desirable
- The budget of €4500 will cover all costs
- A minimum of three competitive quotes will be sought
- Quotations will be evaluated against predefined award criteria
- A sufficient and reasonable amount of time will be allowed for interested parties to respond, in this case the deadline for receipt of applications is 4th April 2018
- Only tenders submitted in hard and soft copy by the deadline will be considered. Tenders in excess of €4500 (inclusive of VAT and all other expenses) will not be considered
Required Format of the Tender
The tender should include the following:
- The background and relevant previous experience of the individual/ organisation and in particular an up to date CV for those individuals in the organisation that will be involved in the work
- An outline plan for the process including the personnel and timeframe that will be involved
- Methodology to be followed, specifying documentation to be reviewed, stakeholder consultations to be conducted and outputs from the work
- The anticipated timeframe
- How the proposal represents value for money
- The reporting structure for the project
- Some examples of work of a similar nature (in terms of approach, output and sector) – to include two contact details for two referees
- The supports that will be required using available resources where possible
- A detailed breakdown of projected costs and hours worked. The tender price of not more than €4500 must be clearly expressed as a fixed price and show inclusive and exclusive of VAT
- A copy of Tax Clearance and all relevant Insurance documents should be included in the proposal
- Potential candidates may be required to present their proposal to HFRC in advance of selection
- All intellectual property rights associated with the work remain with HFRC
- Company Data Protection policy must be adhered to
- Applications must be received in hard copy and a soft copy must also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary McGrath by 5pm on 6th April 2018.. Hard copy submissions should be marked Private and Confidential and sent by 6th April 2018
Queries should be directed to Mary McGrath on 061383884